Monday, March 16, 2015

Pipping a hole!

"When I went to the incubator to check on the chicks, I saw that the eggs weren't in their egg turner anymore, they were layed on the mesh because if we kept them in the egg turner they would crack. I also noticed that one egg was starting to crack.  I think it will be born before its due date, which is in two days."
-Daniela

"I see changes in the eggs.  One has a crack already.  Not very sure but I heard a chick! They are ready to hatch.  It is time for movement to happen.  Hopefully one chick hatches by tomorrow.  Some eggs are smaller than the others.  The chick will be kept in there to stay warm and so bacteria doesn't get inside or they get cold.  It looks like they're going to be very tiny :)"
-Amayrani

When a chick pecks a hole through the egg, this is called "pipping".  In this picture you can see how the chick has pipped a hole.
The first chick has started "pipping" a hole in its shell!

No comments:

Post a Comment